Operations Issuance: 2021-06
Issuance Number: 2021-06
Date: July 16, 2021
To: Workforce Partnership Subrecipients
From: April House, Chief Administrative Officer & EO Officer
Subject: Operations Manual Update: Chapter 9 – Nondiscrimination & Equal Opportunity Policy and Complaint Procedures
The purpose of this issuance is to notify SDWP Subrecipients of revisions and/or additions to the following policies: Chapter 9 – Nondiscrimination & Equal Opportunity Policy and Complaint Procedures, including its attachments.
Significant changes have been made to the above chapter and attachments including but not limited to:
- Chapter Updates
- Has been updated to reflect the name of the new SDWP EO Officer as April House
- Section I has been updated to reflect the purpose of chapter now discusses appeals.
- Section 1, Part B has been updated to reflect the definition of “Appellant”
- Section I, Part A and Section III, Part C has been updated to reflect the latest Workforce Services Directive (WSD) 20-12, which includes updates to EDD and DOL’s contact information when reporting an incident report complaint.
- Section IV, Part A appeal process has been added as a new section that details the appeal process for Training Providers in cases of denial/delisting from the Eligible Training Provider List.
- Section IV, Part B appeal process has been added as a new section that details the appeal process for Procurements.
- Attachment have been updated to reflect the name of the new SDWP EO Officer as April House
Effective July 20, 2021 all WIOA Subrecipients are required to follow the guidelines outlined in the Chapter and attachments. If you have any questions regarding this issuance, please contact your Contract Administrator at (619) 228-2900.
- To access the chapters and their attachments, go to workforce.org and click on the collapsed menu icon located on the top right-hand side of the webpage.
- Click on “Operations Resources” section.
- Click on “Operations Manual” to see the list of chapters and operational issuances.
- Click on “Chapter 9. Nondiscrimination & Equal Opportunity Policy and Complaint Procedures | Attachments” to view the policy and attachments.