Operations Issuance: 2020-05
Issuance Number: 2020-05
Date: January 31, 2020
To: SDWP Subrecipients
From: Andrew Picard, VP of Programs
Subject: Operations Manual Update: Chapter 7. Part 2: WIOA Youth Eligibility & Attachments
This operations issuance is to notify Workforce Partnership (SDWP) subrecipients of changes to the Operations Manual: Chapter 7. Part 2: WIOA Youth Eligibility.
Updates to the chapter were made per the following:
- DOL Monitoring of Programs
- EDD Monitoring of Programs
- SDWP Internal Monitoring
- CalJOBS Conference
- EDD Directives
- EDD Info Notices
Summary of Updates:
Below is a summary of updates. Subrecipients should review the references chapter and the attachments for detail.
- Reformatting of the chapter, including logo, fonts, colors scheme, and layout
- Reorganized structure and flow – sections were moved, changed, or deleted
- Updating links and references to current TEGL’s (DOL) and EDD Directives
- Tracking requirements for CalJOBS data entry changed from 5 business days to 7 calendar days, per “Late Data Entry” policy
- Updated right to work verification process – Right to Work may only be verified when a service triggers participation in an employment activity. Right to work verification was removed from WIOA Youth Eligibility (Chapter 7) and relocated to Youth Program Activities (Chapter 4).
- Subrecipients must mark all applicable barriers on the WIOA Application
- Only one barrier must be verified with official documentation. All other barriers can be verified through self-attestation.
- Verification for Selective Service was updated
- Failure to Register policy was added
- Reformatting of the attachments, including logo, fonts, colors scheme, and layout
- Updated eligibility criteria for “Lives in a Barrier Area”
- Updated Methods for Calculating Income (Low Income Determination)
- LLSIL Levels for 2019
- Updated Table of Documentation
- Added definitions
- Removal of right to work verification
- Updated Eligibility Certification and Review Form (ECRF)
- Right to work verification was removed
Effective February 3, 2020 all training providers are required to follow the updated policies and procedures in the chapter indicated above. Subrecipients and staff are required to review the entire Chapter and Attachments.
If you have any feedback or questions regarding this issuance contact your Contract Administrator.
- To access the chapters and their attachments, go to workforce.org and click on the collapsed menu icon located on the top right hand side of the webpage.
- Click on “Operations Resources” section.
- Click on “Operations Manual” to see the list of chapters and operational issuances.
- Click on “Chapter 7. Part 2: WIOA Youth Eligibility | Attachments” to view the policy and attachments.