We are currently updating our Veterans’ Report and will rerelease it with more insights and resources in January. You can learn more about veteran services below.
Career Center services:
Our career centers provide priority services to veterans and eligible spouses:
- Access to CalJOBS job postings 24 hours before the general public
- Priority placement of qualified veteran resumes before non-veteran resumes on job order screens
- Job leads and placement referrals
- Comprehensive assessment of education, skills and abilities
- Work-readiness workshops and recruitment events
- Career counseling and assistance developing an individual employment plan and employment goals
- Job development alongside employers
- Labor market information—learn what industries are hiring for what skills
- Served on active duty for more than 180 days and discharged/released with other than a dishonorable discharge
- Discharged/released from active duty due to a service-connected disability
- A member of a reserve component under an order to active duty during a period of war/campaign/expedition, for which a campaign badge is authorized and was discharged/released from duty with other than a dishonorable discharge.
- Veteran spouses are eligible if their spouse meets any of these criteria.
- Any veteran who died of a service connected disability
- Any veteran who has a total disability resulting from a service connected disability, as evaluated by the VA, or died while a disability was in existence.
- Any active-duty member of the Armed Forces who, at the time of application for the priority and for 90 or more days has been captured, forcibly detained, or interned in the line of duty or missing in action.
- California Department of Veterans Affairs Employment Benefits
- Workshop for Warriors provides training, STEM education, and opportunities to earn credentials to enable veterans to be successfully trained and placed in their chosen advanced manufacturing career field.
- zero8hundred provides a one-stop resource hub to transitioning service members, recent veterans and their spouses (including Gold Star spouses).
- The Wounded Warriors Project’s Warriors to Work Program helps with resumes, interview prep, and job leads.
- Support The Enlisted Project (STEP) builds financial self-sufficiency among junior active duty enlisted service members and recently discharged enlisted Veterans and their families in Southern California facing financial crisis through counseling, education and grants.
- Employment Development Department.