TechHire San Diego
TechHire is a nationwide movement that aims to level the playing field for tech jobs. In collaboration with the City of San Diego, the San Diego Workforce Partnership is leading TechHire San Diego to match talent from the following fields with internship and/or employment opportunities:
- Computer programming (e.g., coding, software development)
- Network and support (e.g., IT systems, network administration, cyber security)
- Multimedia and design (e.g., web design, graphic design, digital marketing)
- Analytics (e.g., data analysis, business intelligence, database administration)
- All other tech fields (e.g. robotics)
TechHire San Diego is looking for employers interested in hiring tech talent, hosting an intern at no cost, and/or mentoring a job seeker. SDWP will pay for wages, worker’s compensation, and liability insurance for the TechHire participant.
To learn more, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reside in the City of San Diego
- Be age 18 or older
- Have education and/or training in an ICT field
- Come from a low- to moderate-income households
- a population that is underrepresented in San Diego’s tech sector
In addition to paid internships, TechHire San Diego provides:
- A Career Coach who supports with resume building, interview preparation, career readiness assessment, and other employment resources
- Career Portal with priority consideration
- Exclusive access to TechHire hiring events, hack-a-thons, and networking events
TechHire San Diego is looking for partners such as educational institutes and technical training providers to collaboratively expand this effort. Participants from organizations who are co-enrolled in TechHire San Diego will be provided:
- Leverage resources for internships or paid work experiences
- Access to career coaches and job leads
- Career-readiness preparation
- Networking events with employers
All partners will be invited to exclusive TechHire events.
To learn more, contact TechHire@workforce.org.
This program is funded in whole or in part with Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program funds provided by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to the City of San Diego.