From workshops back into the workforce
Interested in landing a new job?
Join us for free weekly job skills workshops on topics like:
- Resume reboot
- Leveraging LinkedIn
- Generational identity
- Digital literacy
- Career coaching
- And more!
Successful participants will have an opportunity to land a paid 150-hour “returnship”—an internship for workers 60 and older looking to make a move back into the workforce—with a local employer.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who has been thinking about reentering the workforce or just wants to explore the world of work and learn something new. You may attend as many workshops as you’d like and there is no commitment to apply for a returnship experience.
- Tuesday, May 11, 10 a.m. – Mock Interviews – register here
- Wednesday, May 12, 1:30 p.m. – Resume Reboot – register here
- Thursday, May 13, 10 a.m. – Interview Techniques Refresher – register here
- Tuesday, May 18, 10 a.m. – Workshopping Your Resume – register here
- Wednesday, May 19, 1:30 p.m. – Leveraging LinkedIn – register here
- Thursday, May 20, 10 a.m. – Benefits of Remaining in the Workforce Longer/Returning to Work Post Retirement – register here
- Tuesday, May 25, 10 a.m. – Networking – register here
- Wednesday, May 26, 1:30 p.m. – Leveraging LinkedIn – register here
- Thursday, May 27, 10 a.m. – Workshopping Your Resume – register here
Interested in hosting a returnship?
If you’re looking to hire someone with a wealth of experience, we’re subsidizing wages for companies in San Diego County who hire workers 60+. These 150-hour “returnships” connect you with a labor pool that’s experienced and ready to work.
Who It's For
Patrons of Gary & Mary West Senior Wellness Center in San Diego and the Encinitas Senior Center who are 50+, with an emphasis on those receiving or eligible for CalFresh (formerly known as foodstamps)
This program offers help:
- Finding a temporary job or internship
Made possible by: