Issuance: 2019-06 – October 1, 2018
Issuance Number: 2019-06
Date: September 28, 2018
To: SDWP Subrecipients
From: Vicki Brannock, Director of Programs
Subject: Operations Manual Update: Chapter 4. Part 1: Adult and Dislocated Worker Program Activities & Attachments
The purpose of this issuance is to notify SDWP Subrecipients of revisions and/or additions to the following policies: Chapter 4. Part 1: Adult and Dislocated Worker Program Activities:
Significant changes have been made to the above chapter and attachments including but not limited to:
- Refresh of the chapter formatting
- The following section was added to Chapter 4, Part 1, Section II. C. 1.
- Rapid Response (Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act), which is a US Labor Laws which protects employees, their families, and communities by requiring most employers with 100 or more employees to provide 60 calendar-day advance notification of plant closings and mass layoffs of employees, as defined in the Act.
Effective October 1, 2018 all Subrecipients are required to follow the guidelines outlined in the updated Chapter. This issuance replaces and supersedes the chapter. If you have any questions regarding this issuance, please contact your Contract Administrator (619) 228-2900.
- To access the chapter and its attachments, reference the “About Us” section on orgunder “Partner Resources.”
- Click on “Operations Manual” to see the list of Chapters and Operational Issuances.
- Click on“Chapter 4. Part 1: Adult and Dislocated Worker Program Activities | Attachments” to view the policy and attachments.
cc: SDWP Subrecipients; SDWP Internal Distribution; and Simpson & Simpson.