Get paid and pursue your career! Unlock your potential and explore the careers you’re passionate about through Career Pathways for Foster Youth. We understand the importance of gaining real experience and skills, which is why our program offers various placement opportunities. This program supports young adults in finding a paid job or internship, occupational training, and/or education.
We partner with Promises2Kids, a local nonprofit focused on serving foster youth, to provide you with support in all aspects of your life, including financial support for housing, mental health assistance, work attire, transportation, childcare and more. Pursue your passion and explore exciting career paths while receiving assistance every step of the way.
Who It's For
- Ages 16–24 (participants must enroll prior to their 25th birthday)
- Current or former foster youth
This program offers help:
- Deciding what career is right for me
- With starting school or a certificate program
- Finding a temporary job or internship
- Learning new job skills
- Finding long-term employment
- Social/emotional support
- Supportive services including, but not limited to, work attire, healthcare, housing, mental health support, basic need assistance, transportation, etc.