Become a Member
Become a career center member to unlock job search services available to all San Diego County job seekers and take your career to the next level.
Steps 1–3 may be completed before or during your first career center visit.
- Create a CalJOBS account.
- Gather form(s) of identification. Documents must be original.
- Visit a career center. Submit completed forms to the front desk staff who will review and issue your membership card.
You are expected to have your membership card with you at all times to attend workshops, use the resource room and access other services.
The career centers offer two categories of member services:
Job search on your own
Available to all San Diego County job seekers
- Job leads
- Workshops and recruitment events
- Resume assistance
- Access to computers, internet, phones, printers and other technology to use for your job search
- Labor market information—learn what industries are hiring for what skills
- Typing certificate and Microsoft Word classes
- Connection with community partners
Expert assistance for those who qualify
Begin by attending an orientation
- Career counseling and planning
- Job search and placement assistance
- Job development alongside employers
- Career assessments
- Upskilling and retraining
- Occupational skills
- Adult education and literacy activities (combined with training)
- Subsidized training programs (see below)