Career Portal Terms and Conditions
The San Diego Workforce Partnership (“SDWP” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://sdwp-jobs.force.com (our “career portal” or “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this career portal;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website;
- Through in person or telephone communications with SDWP staff members providing services through this website and other SDWP in-person events and in-person or remote services;
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website; and
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Third parties (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. By accepting our terms and conditions and using our Website, you agree with these privacy and data usage terms and conditions. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use the career portal.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our career portal, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information“);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as basic demographic data; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies;
- From third parties, for example, our business partners and employers looking to hire candidates; and
- From other service and education providers that can help users advance in their careers.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our career portal may include all of the following:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the career portal. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our career portal, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
- Your search queries on the Website; and
- Resumes, cover letters, job history, salary requirements, and other information related to securing employment through our services.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our career portal and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us, via the career portal, in-person, or remotely through telephone and online service offerings;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To provide you with notices about your [account/subscription], including expiration and renewal notices;
- To notify you about changes to the career portal or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our career portal;
- To refer you to other partners and service providers that can provide additional support based on your eligibility, needs, and interests;
- To refer you to employers looking to hire qualified candidates through our career portal;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and/or
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of SDWP’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by SDWP about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To third parties to provide their products or services to you or to hire you for open positions.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of SDWP, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; or
- As required by the California Public Records Act – California law states that some information submitted or accessed by you may become public records under the Public Records Act. However, there are limitations that protect your personal information from inclusion with public records.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the career portal and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our career portal. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Toll Free at: 1-888-884-7397
Last modified: 6/9/2018