The San Diego Workforce Partnership is a nonprofit entity chartered by the City and County of San Diego to administer employment and training programs that empower job seekers to meet the current and future workforce needs of employers in San Diego County.
We are seeking a qualified firm, organization, partnership or individual consultant to provide strategic HR support, training and organizational effectiveness services. The Workforce Partnership is seeking a long-term partner to advance the organization’s strategic goals related to people, culture, performance and professional growth. We anticipate the selected organization would begin the engagement with an assessment to help develop a People & Culture roadmap/project plan that will guide potential future work.
- Request for Bids Release: March 7, 2019
- Responses due: March 22 2019, 11:59pm PST,
- Estimated project start: April 1, 2019
- Estimated year 1 contract period: April 1 2019–March 31 2020, with 4 option years.
This procurement is designed to retain the services of an organization or individual to providing ongoing strategic HR consulting support. Specific projects will be scoped on a project by project basis but may include, but not be limited to, the following:
– HR assessment and project plan development
– Regular onsite professional development trainings for managers and above in topics include, but not limited to: new manager training, performance appraisals, conflict management, etc.
– Designing of progressive employee policies and benefits (performance evaluations, child care, health incentives, etc.)
– Personal assessments (I.e. strengths finders, DISC) for all-staff and follow up trainings and discussion on applying these findings with teammates, supervisors, colleagues.
– Compensation and benefits analysis and designing of performance incentives
– Succession planning
– On-demand 1-1 coaching and mentoring as appropriate
– Designing and managing professional development policies, investments, and strategies.
– Employee handbook and other policy review and refresh, as needed.
– Organization effectiveness and leadership team support and consulting
– Customization of the new ATS for Workforce Partnership (beyond basic implementation), which job boards etc.
– Implementation of new performance management system.
- Performance standards & guidance
- Standardize pay grades, job descriptions for the same position etc.
– Optimization of the new onboarding process for Workforce Partnership
– Engagement with benefits broker for annual enrollment and additional of ACA annual reporting.
All of the work listed above will also be done with a view toward equity, diversity, and inclusion. Our position is that Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) work is not one single project, but must be Imbedded and considered across all of our activities, including the People & Culture department.
In no more than 5 pages, please respond to the following questions and return via email to email@example.com before March 22, 2019. No exceptions. The Workforce Partnership will not reimburse submitters for any costs associated with a vendor’s response to this RFB.
1. Please describe your firm and lead staff’s qualifications and experience
2. Please describe your approach to the HR Assessment and Road Map development
3. Please describe how you will be available and supportive for strategic HR support while not dedicated full-time as an on-site HR Director.
4. Please outline your experience and expertise leading and applying EDI strategies in the business context.
5. Please describe your approach and experience in staff development, leadership
development, and management support. Please include a specific reference to how you intend to support our onsite HR Manager.
6. Please describe specific tools, frameworks, and/or curriculum you plan to use to accomplish the scope of work and how you would implement them.
7. Pricing and cost structure (either deliverables based and/or hourly or monthly fee)
To fully comprehend the information contained within a response to this RFB, the reviewing group may seek further clarification on any or all responses. Clarifications may be requested in the form of verbal communication via telephonic, electronic e-mail communication or a request for an in-person presentation of the response. RFB respondents who may be invited to present their response to the reviewing committee must be willing to do so with no expectation of reimbursement. The purpose of in-person review presentations would be to seek further clarification of information contained within the response.
If you have questions about this RFB, please submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond within 3 business days.