Informational Issuance: 2022-03
Issuance Number: 2022-03
Date: July 22, 2022
To: SDWP Subrecipients, Career Center Staff
From: Frank Pancucci, Director of Workforce Development
Subject: CalJOBS Outage Update - Late Data Entry Procedures
This informational issuance is to inform all subrecipients and staff of late data entry procedures onto CalJOBS and Data Change Request process.
This will serve as follow up to the following Workforce Partnership’s Operations & Informational Issuance:
- #2022-01 CalJOBS Outage Update Release Date: July 8, 2022
- #2022-02 CalJOBS Outage Update – Late Data Entry Procedures Release Date: July 15, 2022
On June 27, 2022, the Workforce Partnership received notification of the CalJOBS outage with no estimated time of resolution. During the CalJOBS outage, the Workforce Partnership provided subrecipients guidance for tracking participant service-related activities that would require data entry onto CalJOBS. A tracking spreadsheet was provided to the subrecipients to assist with capturing participant service-related activities that need to be entered onto CalJOBS. Once CalJOBS became available, subrecipients were required to enter all tracked data onto the participant case file.
Once CalJOBS became fully operational, a notification was sent out to the network to begin to enter participant data. The Employment Development Department (EDD) provided the Workforce Partnership with guidance on how to record participant service-related activities onto CalJOBS. The EDD will allow participant data to be back dated in the participant case file records to the actual date of when the service occurred. This will only be for participant data that was not entered due to the CalJOBS outage from June 27, 2022 through July 13, 2022. A Data Change Request (DCR) form will need to be submitted to the EDD for participant data that fall outside the CalJOBS outage data entry window. The attached tracking spreadsheet will act as the DCR form.
Service activity date within June 27, 2022 – July 13, 2022
- For participant data that would fall under the 30-day late data entry window, data should be entered into CalJOBS recording the actual service dates.
- Example 1: An activity that occurred on June 29 will need to be entered by July 29, this would not be considered over 30 days.
Service activity date not within June 27, 2022 – July 13, 2022
- For participant data that is over 30-days, the data is required to be entered into the tracking spreadsheet to act as the DCR form.
- Enter the participant data onto the provided tracking spreadsheet with the actual service dates.
- E-mail the tracking spreadsheet to CalJOBS@workforce.org. The tracking spreadsheet will be used as the DCR form that will be provided to the EDD.
- Example 2: An activity that occurred on May 27 and needed to be entered by June 27, this would be considered over 30 days and will be required to be tracked on the tracking spreadsheet and submitted to the EDD to backdate.
Subrecipients are required to have all CalJOBS data entry entered onto participant case files no later than Friday, July 29, 2022. If a DCR is necessary to submit to the EDD, please submit to CalJOBS@workforce.org no later than Thursday, July 28, 2022.
To summarize, input all data into CalJOBS. If there are any data entry error alerts, the data must be added to the tracking spreadsheet for the DCR process as stated above.
Please direct all questions to CalJOBS@workforce.org and copy your Program Specialist.