Operations Issuance: 2021-10
Issuance Number: 2021-10
Date: August 23, 2021
To: SDWP Subrecipients
From: April House, Chief Administrative Officer & EO Officer
Subject: Operations Manual Update: Chapter 3. Procurement and Property Management
The purpose of this issuance is to notify SDWP Subrecipients of revisions and/or additions to the following policies: Chapter 3 – Procurement and Property Management, including its attachments, exhibit and references.
Significant changes have been made to the above chapter and attachments including but not limited to:
- Chapter Updates:
- Has been updated to reflect updated Code of Federal Regulation (CFR) references throughout the chapter
- Section I.A. Background was updated to reflect recent EDD directive for Selection of AJCC Operators and Career Services Providers
- Section I.B. Definitions updated to expand on Conflict of Interest definition
- Section II.C Subrecipient responsibility was updated to expand on conflict of interest monitoring
- Section III.D.1. Approval Purchase Property, item C was included per chart on Section III. D Acquisition of Non-Expendable Personal Property.
- Section III.F Tagging Property, to include not legible as additional reason for notifying their contract administrator for tag replacement..
- Section III.G. Lost, Stolen, or Damaged Property updated to reflect Subrecipient should periodically conduct a monitoring of propery.
- Section IV.C. Required Contract Clauses
- Section IV.D.1 Independent Price Estimate regarding source of rates and/or price.
- Section IV.D.8 Certificate of Insurance, to include Exhibit-Certificate of Insurance (COI)
- Section IV.E.1 Pre-procurement verification of resources for career centers – New
- Section IV.E.3. Procurement with Special or Unusual Costs to reflect updated CFR sections.
- Section IV.F Procurement Type and Thresholds
- Section G. Appeals Process – New
- Section References and Attachments
- Attachment Updates:
- Certificate of Insurance (COI) Example has been included as reference (new)
- Request for Approval to Purchase-Lease Furniture or Equipment (updated)
Effective August 25, 2021 all WIOA Subrecipients are required to follow the guidelines outlined in the Chapter and attachments. If you have any questions regarding this issuance, please contact your Contract Administrator at (619) 228-2900.
- To access the chapters and their attachments, go to workforce.org and click on the collapsed menu icon located on the top right-hand side of the webpage.
- Click on “Operations Resources” section.
- Click on “Operations Manual” to see the list of chapters and operational issuances.
- Click on “Chapter 3. Procurement and Property Management | Attachments” to view the policy and attachments.