Operations Issuance: 2020-26
Issuance Number: 2020-26
Date: July 24, 2020
To: Workforce Partnership WIOA Youth Subrecipients
From: Shaina Gross, Director of Programs
Subject: Operations Manual Update: Chapter 7. Part 2: WIOA Youth Eligibility & Attachments
This operations issuance is to notify Workforce Partnership (SDWP) subrecipients of changes to the Operations Manual: Chapter 7, Part 2 – WIOA Youth Eligibility. Updates to the chapter and attachments were made to align with the implementation of the Workforce e-File.
Below is a summary of updates. Subrecipient should review the referenced chapter and the attachments for details.
- Reformatting of the chapter, fonts, colors scheme, and layout
- Reorganized structure and flow – sections were moved, changed, or deleted
- References to participant file were updated to reflect electronic files (eFile)
- Updates to Section II. Eligibility Certification
- Added new section – Workforce E-File
- Collection of Medical information
- Process was updated to require forms/documents to be marked “Yes” in the Workforce eFile, which will lock the file, or if the forms/documents are uploaded into CalJOBS, the PII file would remain secure.
- The Processes and documentation requirements within the chapter were updated to align with the workforce eFile.
The attachment “Lives in a Barrier Area” was updated:
- Removed the Eligibility Form (Move to Workforce eFile)
- Updated link to census tract verification
The attachments refenced below are no longer fillable and must be completed in the Workforce eFiIe
- Universal Participant Agreement Form (UPAF)
- Eligibility Certification and Review Form (ECRF)
- Multimedia & Communication Release Form (MCRF)
- Request for Re-Enrollment Form
- Telephone Verification
- Applicant Statement
- Lives in a Barrier Area (Form Only)
- 5% Eligibility Exception Request Form
Effective July 27, 2020 all training providers are required to follow the updated policies and procedures in the chapter indicated above. Subrecipients and staff are required to review the entire Chapter and Attachments.
If you have any feedback or questions regarding this issuance contact your Program Specialist.
- To access the chapters and their attachments, go to workforce.org and click on the collapsed menu icon located on the top right-hand side of the webpage.
- Click on “Operations Resources” section.
- Click on “Operations Manual” to see the list of chapters and operational issuances.
- Click on “Chapter 7. Part 1: WIOA Youth Eligibility | Attachments” to view the policy and attachments.