Operations Issuance: 2020-13
Issuance Number: 2020-13
Date: April 14, 2020
To: Workforce Partnership WIOA Subrecipients
From: Andrew Picard, Chief Program Officer
Subject: Chapter 7. Part 1 Chapter Update to Unlikely to Return Criteria and Public Assistance definition update
This operations issuance is to notify Workforce Partnership (SDWP) subrecipients of the updates made to the unlikely to return criteria to be more inclusive of the current COVID-19 situation. The following in red was added to the criteria.
- A natural disaster or public health emergency that results in lost wages for equal to or greater than 2 weeks;
- Is part of an industry that is impacted by a public health emergency
The public assistance definition within the Chapter has also been updated.
Effective April 15, 2020 WIOA Subrecipients must follow the updated unlikely to return criteria when determining DW eligibility. If you have any feedback or questions regarding this issuance contact your Contract Administrator.
- To access the chapters and their attachments, go to workforce.org and click on the collapsed menu icon located on the top right hand side of the webpage.
- Click on “Operations Resources” section.
- Click on “Operations Manual” to see the list of chapters and operational issuances.
- Click on “Chapter 7. Part 1: WIOA Adult and Dislocated Worker Eligibility | Attachments” to view the policy and attachments.