This conversation on race, equity and worker power in San Diego County covers topics like:
- What keeps policymakers from addressing racism and equality
- What justice and equity look like in a modern police force
- The role of business as an engine for change
- Education as a tool for economic mobility
- Worker power through organized labor
- Action steps you can take
To learn more about equitable and inclusive practices, check out the resources below, which were shared during this conversation.
- Councilmember Monica Montgomery Steppe’s proposal to establish new office of race and equity
- How to be an Antiracist by Ibram Kendi
- Video: Housing Segregation and Redlining in America: A Short History by NPR (advisory warning for profanity)
- Twitter feed of resources from Omar Passons, Department of Integrative Services – County of San Diego
- Policing tactics from former Police Chief and Mayor, Jerry Sanders
- What’s Next? Action Planning on the road to racial justice
- San Diego’s Racial Equity Gap: How We Got Here
We all have a role to play in transforming our community; remember to Listen, Learn and Act.