Layoff Transition Services
Signaled by the receipt of a WARN, the San Diego Workforce Partnership offers Layoff Transition services to employers who are experiencing mass layoffs or closures in San Diego County. Layoff Transition presentations give employers an opportunity to provide affected employees with vital resources that help them get reemployed as soon as possible and ease this difficult transition.
Presentations are provided at no cost and cover the following topics:
- Assistance programs
- Free career center services
- How to apply for unemployment insurance
- What happens to retirement and health benefits during this transition
The Layoff Transition team will coordinate everything. All we need from you is a space to present and for you to let your employees know when and where.
Our team consists of:
- The Workforce Partnership’s Layoff Transition coordinator
- A representative from the State of California’s Employment Development Department (EDD)
- A representative from the San Diego Career Centers
- A certified financial planner
What do you get out of it?
Providing resources to help with the layoff transition has multiple benefits, including:
- Higher worker morale and lower absenteeism during layoff event due to reduced stress
- Lower unemployment insurance costs as workers are re-employed more quickly when services begin prior to layoff
- Decreased likelihood of sabotage or work disruptions
- Better public relations for your organization. We can work with the media to highlight services an employer is providing to its workers during a layoff period, if desired.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule a Layoff Transition presentation, please contact the Business Services team at firstname.lastname@example.org.