About the Fund
The San Diego Workforce Partnership is offering a new way to advance your career. The Workforce ISA Fund offers access to high quality UC San Diego Extension certification programs lasting 9–12 months in fast-growing technology fields with career readiness, mentoring and job placement support.
As well as receiving instruction from industry professionals at UCSD Extension, participants will also have access to the following services:
- A mentor currently employed in the field relevant to your coursework and career path
- A career consultant who will walk with you every step of the way
- Exclusive networking events sponsored by San Diego’s technology community
- Career readiness training, resume assistance and interview preparation support
- Internship and job placement services
- A network of support for technology, transportation, child care and other services to empower you to be successful inside the classroom and on the job
We are currently accepting applications for the following programs:
- Comfortable with web analytics and testing
- Strong understanding UX/UI digital design
- Career options include: Web Developer, Software Engineer & Front-end Developer
- Use software like Tableau, Python, SPSS and SQL commands to critically analyze data
- Develop critical analytic skills to develop better business practices
- Visualization practices to explain findings
- Career options include: Data Analyst, Business Solution Architect & Business Analyst
Terms and protections
ISAs are not new. But as a public facing organization, we have put together an opportunity that provides maximum consumer protections while still supporting long term financial sustainability of the fund.
The income share
While the specific terms vary slightly depending on the program, students will pay back between 6% and 8% of their income for 36–60 months.
No income, no repayment
Since payments are based on income, no payment is owed if you do not get a job after graduation that pays you at least $40,000. This minimum income threshold also mean payments stop if your income falls below this wage or you experience a period of unemployment.
For more information on the exact terms of our income share agreements, click here.
I’m interested, now what?
To start your application, complete a short questionnaire.