About the Fund
The San Diego Workforce Partnership is offering a new way to advance your career. The Workforce ISA Fund offers access to high quality UC San Diego Extension certification programs lasting 9–12 months in fast-growing technology fields with career readiness, mentoring and job placement support.
As well as receiving instruction from industry professionals at UCSD Extension, participants will also have access to the following services:
- A mentor currently employed in the field relevant to your coursework and career path
- A career consultant who will walk with you every step of the way
- Exclusive networking events sponsored by San Diego’s technology community
- Career readiness training, resume assistance and interview preparation support
- Internship and job placement services
- A network of support for technology, transportation, child care and other services to empower you to be successful inside the classroom and on the job
Applications are now being accepted for Java Programming and Front-end Development.
Not sure what course to take? Try Career Coach.
Classes start July 8 Classes start September 23
Terms and protections
ISAs are not new. But as a public facing organization, we have put together an opportunity that provides maximum consumer protections while still supporting long term financial sustainability of the fund.
The income share
While the specific terms vary slightly depending on the program, students will pay back between 6% and 8% of their income for 36–60 months.
No income, no repayment
Since payments are based on income, no payment is owed if you do not get a job after graduation that pays you at least $40,000. This minimum income threshold also mean payments stop if your income falls below this wage or you experience a period of unemployment.
For more information on the exact terms of our income share agreements. click here.
I’m interested, now what?
To start your application, complete a short questionnaire.