San Diego Workforce Partnership’s Tuition Refund Guarantee
If you qualify, fulfill the requirements and still are not earning the equivalent of at least $40,000 per year (or $3,333.33 per month) for any month within two years of your training exit date, you may be eligible for a full refund or cancellation of your loan.
Who qualifies? Learners who:
- Are 18 years or older and legally authorized to work in the United States
- Pay for the program upfront or with a Zero Percent Outcomes-Based Loan from Ascent Funding (Loan Originator)
- Complete the full program and earn their certificate, on-time
- Complete all Job Search Phase requirements, which refers to a phase of the program occurring immediately after conclusion of training, established by the San Diego Workforce Partnership. This includes timely communication (responding to inquiries within five business days), job application, career navigator meeting and interview preparation. While the Job Search Phase requirements may be updated in the future, currently those requirements are:
- 20 job applications per month for unemployed job seekers and 10 applications per month for job seekers currently employed, earning under $40,000 per year (or $3,333.33 a month)
- Minimum of one meeting with career navigator every two months
- Report their earned income on an annual basis to the Servicer, which may include an offer letter, a pay stub, a W2 or a 1040
If all of the above are true and you are not earning the equivalent of at least $40,000 per year (or $3,333.33 per month) for any month within two years from your training exit date, please email your career navigator to request a tuition refund within 180 days of your two year anniversary of your training exit date. You may be eligible for a full refund or cancellation of your loan.
On-time is defined as having completed training within an 18-month period (the designated 15 months plus no more than a three-month long coursework deferral)