School Break Externships
The School Break Externship program provides up to 100 high school and college students ages 16-24 with paid, short term work experiences. Selected participants will be partnered with top employers in San Diego during winter and spring break.
Young adults must meet income and housing requirements. Foster youth may also apply.
To apply, you should be:
- 16-24 years old
- Currently enrolled in high school or college
- Available to work during your winter and/or spring breaks
- Available to attend 1-day training sessions in November, December, February and March
- Winter sessions are in November and December
- Spring sessions are in February and March
Applications are now open. Please click here to apply.
This program is funded in whole or in part with the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program funds provided by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to the City of San Diego, and by the Community Services (CSBG) program funds provided by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families to the County of San Diego.