Looking for a career in sustainability? Green and sustainability jobs help the planet by contributing to environmental, social and economic sustainability. Get paid work experience with the County of San Diego to gain experience and make connections.
You will start with 16 hours of virtual job-readiness training. After completing the training, you will be placed with a County department for a paid work experience. The paid work experience is 240-hours total, 20 hours a week for three months. Some internships may be virtual. Participants may be eligible to receive clothing, gas and transportation stipends.
Participating departments include:
- Parks and Recreation
- Planning and Development
- Public Works
- Agriculture, Weights and Measures
- Environmental Health and Quality
- The San Diego County Library
- General Services
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who It's For
- Ages 16–24
- Unemployed or working in a part-time or temporary (seasonal/internship) position
- Not in school
- Live in San Diego County
This program offers help:
- Deciding what career is right for me
- Finding a temporary job or internship
- Learning new job skills