The San Diego Workforce Partnership (WORKFORCE PARTNERSHIP) is committed to protecting your right to privacy. WORKFORCE PARTNERSHIP values and protects your privacy and places strict controls on the gathering and use of personally identifiable data. Your personal information is not disclosed, made available, or otherwise used for purposes other than those specified at the time of collection, except with your consent or as authorized by law or regulation. Privacy concerns specific to WORKFORCE PARTNERSHIP are as follows:
- While on the WORKFORCE PARTNERSHIP web site you may be asked to provide personally identifiable information, which may include your name, address, telephone number, credit card number, and e-mail address.
- WORKFORCE PARTNERSHIP will only gather information through lawful means. Any subsequent use of the information is limited to purposes not inconsistent with the purpose(s) given at the time of collection. California law states that some information submitted or accessed by you may become public records under the Public Records Act. However, there are limitations that protect your personal information from inclusion with public records. WORKFORCE PARTNERSHIP does not sell personally identifiable information.
- E-mail is considered a communication tool; any data you send via e-mail is not secured or encrypted by WORKFORCE PARTNERSHIP. If you fill out a survey or send WORKFORCE PARTNERSHIP an e-mail message, your e-mail address and the information submitted will be collected and may be provided to other organizations to better serve your needs. Do not send any confidential or personal data via e-mail such as your social security number, account number, credit card number, or other data that could be compromised.
- You are responsible for protecting the confidentiality of your user ID, password, and PIN. If you give your user ID, password, or PIN to anyone else, they will be able to access your confidential information. Contact WORKFORCE PARTNERSHIP immediately at (619) 228-2900 if you believe your account is being accessed without your authorization.
- If you wish to modify or update any information WORKFORCE PARTNERSHIP has received, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. When you view information on this Web site, some non-confidential data may be collected, such as the time and date of access and where you went during your visit. The Web site may place and subsequently retrieve simple text files called "cookies" that identify you and your computer to our Internet site. Cookies do not contain personal or confidential information about you and will only be used to monitor activity on this Web site.
- WORKFORCE PARTNERSHIP takes appropriate steps to ensure data privacy and security by various means, including through password and user identification verification, data encryption, confidential transmissions, secure storage areas, and audit trails.
- WORKFORCE PARTNERSHIP will not sell or distribute your information to any non-governmental third party without your consent or as authorized by law or regulation. WORKFORCE PARTNERSHIP´s employees will only use personal information submitted by you on a need-to-know basis in order to provide information or services.
- WORKFORCE PARTNERSHIP does not store or use personal information submitted by you any longer than necessary. If no longer required and in order to prevent unauthorized access or use of the data, your personally identifiable information is destroyed via purging, magnetic degaussing/erasing, shredding and/or other means of authorized confidential destruction. Regularly scheduled archiving, purging, and proper disposal of records and information is a standard practice throughout WORKFORCE PARTNERSHIP.
- If WORKFORCE PARTNERSHIP makes material changes to this Policy, information regarding the change will be posted on the homepage of the web site.
As a nonprofit public benefit corporation, WORKFORCE PARTNERSHIP understands the importance of maintaining your privacy and will make every attempt to maintain your trust and confidence regarding the collection and use of your personal information.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Policy, please contact the IT department of WORKFORCE PARTNERSHIP at (619) 228-2900.