Operations Manual Update: Chapter 7, Part 1: WIOA Adult & Dislocated Worker Eligibility & Attachments
The purpose of this issuance is to notify AJCC Operators and WIOA Adult Service Providers of revisions to the following policies: Chapter 7, Part 1: WIOA Adult & Dislocated Worker Eligibility, including its attachments:
- Universal Participant Agreement Form (UPAF)
- Adult & Dislocated Worker Eligibility Certification and Review Form (ECRF)
- Multimedia & Communication Release Form
- Methods of Calculating Income/Family Size Determination
- Telephone Verification
- Applicant Statement
- Table of Acceptable Documentation for WIOA Program Eligibility
- WIOA UI Data Consent Authorization Form (No change to form)
- Determining Limited Employment Opportunities
Significant changes have been made to the above chapter and attachments including but not limited to:
- Refresh of the chapter and attachment formatting
- Re-ordering of chapter sections for ease of use
- Clarification of documentation process for eligibility and enrollment
- Revisions to eligibility definitions
- Update of source documentation references
- Elimination of LLSIL and Low-Income Guidelines attachment; data was merged into Methods for Calculating Income/Family Size Determination attachment
- The LLSIL and Poverty Guidelines table was updated to reflect the 2017 Poverty Guidelines published by the Federal Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) in the Federal Register on January 26, 2017 and the 70% LLSIL, published by the Secretary of Labor in the Federal Register on May 23, 2017
- EEO Posters and Grievance Forms were moved to Chapter 9
- Removal of I-9 attachment; requirements of the I-9 is referenced in the ECRF
- Multimedia & Communication Release Form is now included as an attachment
- Applicant Statement attachment has been condensed to one form with a drop down for criteria selection
- The Unlikely to Return List has been updated and removed from the Determining Limited Employment Opportunities attachment and can now be found in the “About Us” section on workforce.org under “Partner Resources.”
- Universal Participant Agreement Form (UPAF) has updated consent language
- Adult and Dislocated Worker Eligibility Certification and Review Form (ECRF) attachment was updated to include updated DW categories
- Table of Acceptable Documentation for WIOA Program Eligibility attachment was updated and now includes selective service, social security, veteran’s priority of service, family size, income and updated DW categories and required documentation.
Effective January 3, 2018, all AJCC Operators and Adult Service Providers are required to follow the guidelines outlined in the updated chapter and attachments. This issuance replaces and supersedes the current chapter and attachments.
If you have any questions regarding this issuance, please contact your Program Specialist at (619) 228-2900.
- To access the chapter and its attachments, reference the “About Us” section on workforce.org under “Partner Resources.”
- Click on “Operations Manual” to see the list of Chapters and Operational Issuances.
- Click on “Chapter 7, Part 1: WIOA Adult & Dislocated Worker Eligibility | Attachments” to view the policy and attachments.
AJCC and WIOA Adult Service Providers
SDWP Internal Distribution
Simpson & Simpson