The purpose of the Eligible Training Provider List (ETPL) is to provide customer-focused employment training for eligible adults and dislocated workers. All training providers included on the ETPL are eligible to receive funding through Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) funds.
Becoming a training provider
SDWP accepts applications on an ongoing basis from qualified schools and institutions. There are a few requirements that institutions must meet before applying:
- Institution must be recognized by an accrediting agency approved by the Department of Education. Check the DOE website for accredited training organizations here.
- In addition to accreditation, most schools or institutions applying for inclusion on the ETPL must possess “approval to operate” or exemption status from the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE). Notable exceptions include public schools or institutions, such as community colleges, apprenticeships or school districts — these only need an accreditation.
- Institutions must train for jobs that are considered in-demand or higher in-demand in our region. See list of in-demand and higher in-demand jobs here, pages 19-32.
- Institution must have and maintain a 64.2% “Entered Employment” rate for participants in each program. Brand new programs have 18 months to meet this requirement.
If the above requirements are met, you may apply to be on the ETPL.
- To apply, follow the instructions here for provider registration.
- After SDWP has approved your institution for inclusion on the ETPL, follow the instructions here for program registration.
- Once SDWP approves your program(s) they become visible to the America’s Job Centers of California network, and customers are able to enroll through CalJobs.
For more information, please contact Peter Nguyen, local area ETPL Coordinator, at (619) 228-2971 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apprenticeship programs that have been approved through the Division of Apprenticeship Standards (DAS) are automatically eligible for the ETPL.
If your program has been approved by the DAS, please fill out an ETPL Application and send to ETPL@dir.ca.gov or mail to the Division of Apprenticeship Standards at P.O. Box 420603, San Francisco, CA 94142.
If you have any questions, please contact Victor Rodriguez, Senior Apprenticeship Consultant for San Diego, at VRodriguez@dir.ca.gov or (619) 767-2045.