The purpose of the Eligible Training Provider List (ETPL) is to provide customer-focused employment training for eligible adults and dislocated workers through Individual Training Accounts (ITAs). All training providers included on San Diego’s ETPL are eligible to receive funding through Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) funds.
The ETPL used by the ITA program is just one training mechanism available under WIOA. For more information on employer focused training programs such as Customized Training, On-the-Job Training or Expanded Subsidized Employment, please visit our Business Services Wage and Training Reimbursement Program site.
Applying to the San Diego ETPL (Initial Eligibility - to support ITAs)
New applications will be considered starting September 1, 2017. To apply for inclusion in the ETPL, please complete the following:
- Review the below documents
- If your organization is able to meet the requirements outlined, please complete and sign the ETPL Acknowledgment Form
- Submit your ETPL application package (using the button below). Package must include all of the following:
- Please allow up to 30 business days for application processing
- Once your application has been reviewed, you will be contacted by a member of the ETPL team with any questions and/or to outline next steps
Ongoing ETPL compliance (Subsequent Eligibility - to support ITAs)
- The local Workforce Development Board (WDB) refreshes the ETPL requirements on a regular basis; training providers will be notified by the ETPL team as requirements evolve.
- All approved providers on the ETPL are subject to annual review by SDWP to verify compliance with both EDD and local board requirements. Training providers found to be non-compliant may be removed by SDWP at any time.
- SDWP also reserves the right to remove providers based on program needs, budget limitations, quality, qualifications or convenience; this includes removing a training provider or an individual program
Approved ETPL Programs
Apprenticeship programs that have been approved through the Division of Apprenticeship Standards (DAS) are automatically eligible for the ETPL and not subject to the same requirements as those training providers supporting ITAs.
If your program has been approved by the DAS, please fill out an ETPL Application and send to ETPL@dir.ca.gov or mail to the Division of Apprenticeship Standards at P.O. Box 420603, San Francisco, CA 94142.
If you have any questions, please contact Victor Rodriguez, Senior Apprenticeship Consultant for San Diego, at VRodriguez@dir.ca.gov or (619) 767-2045.